24 Oct 12(Photo gallery below) For the last several days I have continued to hammer away at the icebox. After installing the drain with thickened epoxy and cloth I left it to cure. The next day I removed the ice box and took it back into the shop. The drain really looks and feels solid. I have zero concerns about any leaks with this set up. Next, I positioned the sliding shelf and divider brackets (manufactured right angle fiberglass) and drilled small holes to secure them with #8 flat head screws. Once I was satisfied I installed them with thickened epoxy and used the screws to hold them in place. The next day, I removed the screws and prepared the interior of the box for primer. After a lot of thought and consideration, and some good advice from someone I trust, I decided I would paint the box with the left over Interlux Perfection, a two part LPU paint, from my ill fated attempt to roll and tip the topsides of the Far Reach. That meant I needed to use the two part Interlux Epoxy Prime Kote primer. I taped off the dividers (I plan to leave them unpainted), mixed the primer and left it to "induce" for the required 20 minutes. Then, I rolled and tipped it using foam rollers and a china bristle brush. The primer seemed thick . . . too thick. After I finished the painting I went back and read the directions very carefully. I was supposed to thin it 20-25 percent! What a dolt. After all the painting I have done how I forgot to add the thinner I do not know. Anyway, lucky for me, the next day there seemed to be no ill effect. I sanded with 220 grit, vacuumed and performed a wipe down with Interlux 2333N. Next, I rolled on the "Perfection." The coverage was ok. I went back to work on other projects. The next day, I sanded with 220 and 320 grit and rolled on another coat of Perfection. This time there was very good coverage. Painting is not my strong area but it was good enough for the interior of the icebox. I removed the tape. Next, I needed to address the icebox lid which I previously cut and covered with epoxy and cloth. The issue was how to frame the opening. I decided to build a frame that would be epoxied to the inside of the lid. This required the use of Iroko and some 3/4" wide dado cuts about 5/16" deep to match the thickness of the 1/4" ply with the multiple layer of fiberglass and epoxy cloth. I spent the better part of a day milling the Iroko and then cutting the dados and bevels and test fitting all the parts. Since the plug/lid will be slightly beveled I needed to decide how much bevel to incorporate in the framing of the lid. Fifteen degrees looked about right so I also cut bevels into the plug side of the Iroko frame. What you don't see in the photos is that there will need to be a raised (about three inches) upper fame that attaches to the top of the frame installed in the icebox top into which fits the three inch thick plug/lid. This has turned out to be a fairly complex project as there are a lot of angles and parts that have to fit together just right. As always, it is important to know what the final product will look like so all the steps can be thought out in advance. There is no specific plan I am following for this project, per se. I am incorporating some of the ideas in "The Care and Feeding of Sailing Crew" as well as some pictures I would like the final product look like. On top of all this is the reality of space and design limitations of the Far Reach. There a lots of compromises and each step often has second and third order effects that need to be considered. It's important to create as many "known-knows" as possible. Anyway, I epoxied the lid fame in place with numerous clamps and set it aside to cure.